Rubber Coated Rollers
Rubber rollers manufacture more goods than one could count or imagine. From the coffee cups we sip on every morning to the paper we print on, to the clothes we wear, and to the carpet we stand on; rubber rollers are an integral component in the machinery that produces many of the products we have learned to love and cannot live without.
Rubber rollers can often seem like a commodity. Heavily produced in color black, with similar surface finishes, a heavy majority of rubber rollers look the same. The truth is that while many look the same from the outside, the chemical compositions and geometric sizes, and tolerances are what separate the good from the bad. In some cases, our customers struggle to differentiate between the two.
Communication between technical teams at R2R and our customers allows access to the best and most up-to-date information regarding their specific rubber covered rollers. End users with the best information will consistently make the best decisions for their operations, and yield the best results.
Rubber covered rollers have found widespread use within the industrial sector. Their ability to protect and remain resistant has made them an essential part of numerous operations to aid manufacturers in the previous few decades.
A large reason why these rollers have emerged as such an integral tool for manufacturers is because of the durability of the rubber coatings. This material has elastic properties, i.e., it can stretch out and then return to its original size.
Its elasticity plays a major role in the manufacturing process and comes with various benefits, including better grip, smooth and/or delicate surfaces, resistance to industrial chemicals, and easy application. The wheels within these rollers have a large number of uses. For example, they are used for conveyor belts in civil and industrial applications, floats, tires, and numerous other products.
They play an integral role in paper, film, coiled metal, textiles, and sheet manufacturing processes as well. With their specific application expanding to numerous dimensions, they are also used in the packaging of fabricate equipment, producing various types of containers and packages, and making up part of the machinery that plays a large role in the grinding and sanding of steel, wood, and aluminum.
More Applications of Rubber Rollers
Their role in the industry is immense, having their application extending to the following as well:
- Laminating machinery
- Packaging fabricating equipment
- Graphic Art Industry
- Rollers in Textile Mills
- Offset ink printing
- Plastic industry equipment
- Wood industry usage
- Embellishing machinery
Types/Uses Of Rubber Roller Coverings
These multidimensional rolls extend to numerous industries with polymers and rubbers available in multiple types. Specific uses include:
- Conveyor rolls
- Printing rollers
- Feed rolls
- Drive rollers
- Nip rolls
- Laminating rolls
- Dual durometer rolls
- Coating Rolls
- Impression cylinders
- Many, many more
Features And Functionality Of Rubber Rollers
From the industrial perspective, these high-precision rubber rolls operate in applications that need holding friction and a high level of contact. On the other end of the spectrum, rubber rolls are also manufactured for material processing applications that need a gentle touch.High-quality rollers with rubber coating come in spherical or cylindrical shapes, ground smooth or flat, or grooved with spiral surfaces. These features combine to produce extremely custom and technologically advanced solutions and top-notch products for manufacturers.
Have questions or need help? Use the form to reach out and we will be in touch with you as quickly as possible.
Our Precision Rubber Rolls
R2R offers many different rubber coated rolls: from Nitriles to Hypalons and Silicones to Urethanes; we can offer great solutions for nearly every project. Our customers expect great service and responsive staff, which they receive. The value stream for a typical rubber roller project will look like this:
- R2R receives the crated roller
- Our inspection team removes the roll carefully, first completing a visual inspection and proceeding to document any issues
- Precision measurement tools are used to take exterior measurements with extra attention placed on bearing seats/bores and other critical shafts/journal geometry and the rubber coated body of the roller: sizes, specs, and notes are documented. This is carried out to ensure optimal quality
- These measurements are compared to OEM specs and customer requirements, and a specific value stream is suggested for the particular roller
- This could include journal repair, repair to the metal/composite body of the roll (less-common), and certainly the scope of work to re-coat or recover the rubber on the body of the roller
- In the form of a quotation, this information is sent to our customers – R2R waits for approval to complete the work
- Once approval is received, the rubber re-coat/recovery can commence (along with any core repair/replacement work that is necessary; preceding any rubber work)
At any time, R2R can reverse engineer an existing roll and replace it with a new assembly that meets or exceeds the OEM/customer specifications.
Heat Transfer Rollers
Rubber Transfer Rollers
Heat Transfer Roller
R2R Engineering offers the perfect incentive of custom-designed heat transfer rollers as per the application requirement. These offer exceptional efficiency for the heating and/or cooling of a product/web and come in single and double shells.
The company offers these rollers in mono-flow and duo-flow configurations, extending their usage to additional dimensions. These offer exceptional temperature precision and come with features including a hardened surface, a copper shell for thorough thermal conductivity, fluid passage zinc or nickel coating for decreased fouling, and much more.
R2R Engineering also produces top-quality idler rollers. These are available in live-shaft and dead-shaft options. Exclusively designed and produced based on standard models, these are also available per custom applications depending on their requirements.
Similar to other rollers, these idler rolls also come with the availability of many coating combinations. Depending on their custom application, these rolls can also be highly precise and come with ultra-low MOI options.
Our rubber coated rollers are offered with multiple top-quality components, and we use some of the best rubber types with varying thicknesses to cater to our final customers. In short:
- Carboxylated Compounds
- Natural Rubber
- Mixtures of all types of compounds
- Many compounds available in FDA variants
Other Features Of Our Rubber Rollers
- Tapered crowns and parabolic crowns
- Multiple surface finish options
- Serration and grooving: herringbone, chevron, diamond, web-spreader, spiral, etc
- Exceptional metal to rubber bond
- Resistant to heat and high temperature
Other Types Of Industrial Rollers To Complement Rubber Rolls
Aside from rubber rollers, R2R engineering also produces multiple other roller types. These include:
- Chill and heat transfer rollers
- Carbon Fiber and Composite Rollers
- Idler rolls
- Precision Shafting
Let us know how we can help you!